4.08.2013

Noah's Seventh Birthday Party








On Saturday we had 10+ kids over to our house to celebrate Noah's seventh birthday. As of Tuesday I will be the mother of a seven year old and all I can say is SHUT UP! He is now more than halfway to being a teenager, though he's always been a bit beyond his years. 

His "ninja" birthday was a wonderful hodge podge of ninja clay crafts, dance party, chicken play date, and all around grade school shenanigans. This was the first year we invited his entire class. Only a handful came as it was on the tail end of Spring Break. I can't imagine how crazy it would have been if more of them had come. We had a herd of children running around our house at full throttle. It was too much fun. 

As for Noah being seven, well, I don't even know. I don't know where the time went. I don't know how he grew to be so amazing. I am grateful he is still a huge snuggler and is totally content to hang out with mama and papa watching movies. We are enjoying this as much as we can now, because before we know it he'll be moving to Denmark to be a Lego designer. And even sooner than that we'll be the weird parents he doesn't want to play Just Dance with anymore. Sigh!

Happy Seventh Birthday bud! You will always know us in a way no one else will. We've grown up together, though you've come farther than all of us. Keep on dreaming big and bucking convention. The world is yours bud and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same when I think about having a four year old! I was thinking about it the other day and I came to the conclusion that by living vicariously through her, I feel younger. Yeah, I'll stick with that. haha!

    sidenote: I love that you got chickens. That has been a dream of mine for a couple of years now, but unfortunately the city I live in doesn't allow them within city limits. I hope you blog more about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chickens are out of control these days! They are growing way faster than we can keep up. I'll update about it on here as soon as I feel like I've gotten ahead of them, ha! We just found a home for the remainder tonight so our 13 will soon be a more manageable 9. Hallelujah!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...