3.04.2013

Cosmic Patience is a Virtue - And I Have None

In the grand scheme of life I have no patience. I never have. Sure I'm fine with the day to day patience, waiting for the mail to come, taking deep breaths as a toddler tantrum passes, but those big, life altering, I can feel it coming in my bones [or for me, guts] changes? Those I cannot wait for. I feel like Veruca Salt screaming at life: "I don't know exactly what you have in store for me, but I know it's good, so I want it NOW!"

And I am met with silence. And signs. Oh yes, I am a big believer in signs. The signs I see generally point me in the same direction for a long period of time. So long, in fact, that I start to laugh as I see them over and over and over and over. "I hear you universe, but what do I DO?"

I'm great at seeing where I am and where I want to go. What I'm not so great at is seeing how to get there. The options I come up with tend to be less than appealing for all parties involved. "So that's it? I need to make everyone including me miserable to unlock my own contentment?" That can't be what they're saying, can it?

Something is coming down the pike for us, but I have no idea what it is. Ok, so I have a lot of ideas but no way of knowing if any of them are right. I know it will be happening sooner rather than later. I know it will be good. I can feel it in my gut. My gut is better at reading the signs of the universe than many people's bones are. Call it my hidden talent. So for now, I am not so patiently waiting, urging life to hurry up yet slow down at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...