Life has been busy and my mind has been racing for WEEKS. Here's what's in my mind:
- Work has been super busy. Add to that two very active boys at home and a husband launching his own business (with me doing some administrative tasks) and I barely have time to breathe. It's all good stuff, but good stress is still, well, stressful. Work is great, business is booming, the boys are thriving, I really can't complain! But I can admit to being a little preoccupied with all of the above at the moment.
- Speaking of husband's business Ezra will be starting three days a week at a new daycare next week. I'm am alternately thrilled and terrified. So much change I tell you! Ez will love it (he threw a grand old tantrum when we left the interview), so there really is nothing to worry about.
- CHICKENS! We are getting them (at some point). We are getting a coop (at some point). We will learn how to care for them (at some point). Books are on hold at the library, coop is picked out, now I just need to procure the actual chickens...
- Remember when I wrote this list about my quarter[ish] life crisis? Well, in a moment of agitation I tore it up. Luckily I have a cell phone photo of 3/4 of it. Some progress has been made, but the churning in my gut still remains. Anyone cured a quarter life crisis before?
- I can't wait to get on garden planning for the spring! My mother in law showed us a seed catalog she got in the mail and we are in love. Did you know just how many different types of strawberries there are?! I want to grow them all! This weekend will be focused on choosing veggies and plotting the lay of the land. Then in a few weeks we'll really start seeding! We have been saving plastic containers from food and drinks for the past month in preparation. The husband also started composting about a month ago. Between that and the chickens we will have very little waste output as a family!
- My allergies have been kicking my ass. The acupuncture has gotten my hormonal migraines under control, but treating allergies is almost impossible for her without causing more migraines. I was recommended to a NAET specialist for treatment by my acupuncturist. She says they do crazy things, but it works. I'm starting to miss work for headaches again, I'll try damn near anything at this point!
- Noah turns 7 six weeks from today. I just recalled this fact and asked him last night what he wants to do. It will be a ninja themed party at our house with ninja crafts, a pinata, etc. This will be the first year we're inviting the whole class and then some. I'm really hoping only like half of the class comes. 18+ kids is scary to imagine in my home. All at once. Hopped up on sugar. :::shudder:::
- I finally saw the Downton Abbey finale and I am still in mourning. I'm not sure I want to see the season 5 premiere after all of that. Although if they make us wait another six months then I'm sure I'll be fine by then.
So that pretty much sums it up. I feel like I'm losing my mind as this wonderful life swirls around me at full speed.
|Beach in Oregon last summer on our epic West Coast roadtrip|