1.28.2013

Weekenders

I live for the weekends.


We pulled the nuk this weekend. I rounded them all up, picked one, cut the rubber part off, and that was all he had this weekend. We had a few rough patches, but not too bad. There was a bit more screaming and tears in our household than usual, but I recovered nicely.


Ezra LOVES playing with Noah's toys, ones that are far out of his age range. It's fun to watch him find and manipulate all the working parts. Also note the people and animals that now stand on the roof.


This kid and his shenanigans. Never a dull moment I tell ya. 


Dan and Rachel came over Saturday night to play Catan. We couldn't play until Ezra went to bed as he was obsessed with showing Dan every toy he owns.


Balloons at Home Depot = best. toys. ever. [The cat ate through the balloon string and vomited it back up. That was fun.]


My one goal this weekend [I've learned to keep my weekend goals small] was to plant some herbs. Success! We now have Oregano, Chives, Cilantro, Basil, and Coriander. 


Then there was more snow. If you look closely at the above photo, you'll find a squirrel huddled on the branch. I have never seen such a thing before.



I am new to this whole photography thing, but one of my favorite parts is that it inspires me to get off my butt and do something. I was exhausted yesterday [did I mention the nuk removal?] but as soon as the big fat flakes started to fall I ran to throw on my coat and capture some of it. I love that it gets me excited, that it has me looking at the ordinary pieces of my life from different angles.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...