12.11.2012

Quarter(ish) Life Crisis

It's official. I am in the throes of a quarter(ish) life crisis. There is no logical reason why, no precipitating event, no unhappiness, I just am. I can't turn my brain off. I can't focus on what I need to. I can't seem to contain whatever it is inside me that is churning just below the surface. I feel like I am on the edge of something big, but I have no idea what that something is. NO IDEA. It.is.maddening.

So I turned to pen and paper and I wrote it down. This is what I do when I can't seem to figure things out.


So far I have a list of 12 things. Big things. Small things. Everyday things. Once in a lifetime things. But they're there. I got them out. I already feel better about it.

But now what? Where do I go from here? Tonight I am going to share them all with Brent. None of them are new to him, but to have them all in one place, documented. I want to see his list too. Then I want to prioritize. What can we do now? What should wait? Should we take any big risks, throw caution to the wind on anything?

I don't know what any of this means. It could result in nothing. It could just as easily result in everything. All I know is that I would like my brain back and this is the only way I know how to get it.

2 comments:

  1. oh man. you and me both mama. i feel the same way. i need to write out a list like this too. such a great idea and so excited to see what's in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if what you wrote isn't 'new to him' then it is time to take action. when something has been churning for awhile, it is time to cast it out into the universe or shut down the motor. so, put some bait on that hook and throw it out there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...