11.08.2012



Ten years ago this month we saw Matt Nathanson open for OAR. Little did we know at the time he would be the background music to our relationship for years to come. We fell in love. We broke up. Eighteen long months. We reunited. With our baggage. We moved in together, got engaged, dot dot dot.

There’s a lot to the dot dot dot. But if you listen to some of Matt’s albums you’ll hear some of our story in there too. The rest is in some journals and a yet to be penned memoir.

“We used to lie side by side
and I would cover myself in you
We used to lie, but I’m no longer so wide-eyed and full.”


“You said that I was a shackle to you well you always say the vilest things, my dear.”

“I’m covered by lovers,
Who recite lines
Convinced that their bodies
Are gonna save mine, oh
But you don’t know me at all.”


“Cause all I want to be is the minute that you hold me in
When you pretend that I’m all that you waited for
Time slips to nothing and I’m better than I’ve ever been
I’m suspended.”


Oh, and he swears like a sailor and is funny as hell. So there’s that to help heal the heartbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...