11.25.2012

Ten Year Reunion

My ten year high school reunion was last night and I didn't attend. I always felt like an outsider in high school, partially due to being socially oblivious (as I like to call it). I had plenty of friends but I was always sort of the odd duck. And I was pretty ok with that. I got along a lot better with people who I didn't go to school with (hence marrying a kid from the opposite side of the metro area). It's only in the past few years that I am more aware of others' perceptions of me (and my "quirks"). 

As for what people in high school really thought of me, I'm pretty clueless. But I do have a few photos to show how awesome I was.


I've always been the life of the party. [With cousins and brother in Hawaii]

I hung out with rockstars. [Jason Schwartzman as the drummer in Phantom Planet]


I went to Junior prom with a chick because I'm edgy. [Awesome german exchange student Bea and I had a blast]


I wore little boys thrifted tees an worked at the frozen yogurt shop in the mall. [Multi-tasker!]

So as you can see, I was pretty damn awesome in high school. Why would anyone have thought I was gay or a total nerd? Beats me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...