Last night was a perfect fall evening for harvesting (almost) the last of our vegetables: CARROTS! These were a first this year for us, so we had no idea what to expect. We got carrots of ALL sizes!
The boys all had a blast digging them up.
The sky was gorgeous last night too, one of my favorite parts of fall.
We have so many ideas for next years garden!
- Double in size.
- Give EVERYTHING more space.
- Tomatoes in pots to keep from over-watering.
- More veggies! Onions, garlic, cukes, MORE!
- String the beans/peas on poles.
- New irrigation technique (either PVC piping or mounting a sprinkler on a 4x4 in the middle of the garden)
Eventually I’d love to build it wooden fence posts as a more permanent structure, but we should probably wait to see how big it ends up getting over time. The boys harvested sunflower seeds tonight too and have big dreams of a field of sunflowers. I am still dreaming of spring chicks too! Can’t wait to see what next spring holds!
[One last adorable shot of my baby!]