9.19.2012

Casserole

I am a born and raised Minnesotan, where the casserole (or hot dish) keeps us warm on those frigid winter nights of the Great White North. My favorite is my mom’s tuna casserole. It is simple and DELICIOUS.

Here are the ingredients:



  • Bag of egg noodles (any width will do)
  • 1-2 cans of tuna
  • 1 can cream of [fill in the blank] soup
  • Lots of shredded cheese
  • Potato chips, preferably Old Dutch in a box

Boil the egg noodles while preheating the oven. Mix the desired amount of cheese, cream of [fill in the blank] soup, and tuna in a casserole dish. I use a TON of cheese myself. Add a little bit of milk as well for a more moist casserole.


Looks so good! But wait til we add the noodles and cheese!


Cook at 350 degrees for about an hour. Check on it during the last few minutes to see if the top is your preferred level of crisp. Perfect dinner for a fall or winter night. Add a glass of milk, heaven! Behold, my awesome cooking skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...