6.05.2012

Tall Tales

This weekend Noah lied to us. Twice. On two separate occasions, once with each parent, he blatantly lied. Broke my heart a little bit. [Ok, a lot of bit]

It is a phase that every child goes through, so I’m not sure why it’s hitting me so hard. I guess it’s just the fact that he is growing up. Fast.

There will come a time in his life where he will hurt people’s feelings, hurt my feelings. He will make mistakes, maybe big ones. He will fall down. Life will throw him curve balls, make him cry. At some point in time his heart will break. It’s going to happen whether I like it or not.

At the same time he will experience all of the wonderfully amazing things life has to offer. He will fall in love. He will laugh until he pees a little. He will travel to new and exciting places. He will discover and nurture his passions.

So this is just a phase, a rite of passage. He’s obviously ready for it, but I found out that I’m not. He’s no longer a baby, toddler, preschooler. He is turning into a legitimate person who feels the need to hide things from his parents.

Excuse me while I go mop my heart up off the kitchen floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...