5.21.2012

Volunteer: It Looks Good On Ya

This past week I had the opportunity to volunteer for two different organizations. I am blessed to work for a company that places an emphasis on leaving a positive impact on our local communities.


First we helped with painting and weeding at House of Charity in downtown Minneapolis. They provide transitional and permanent housing for the homeless and recovering addicts. They not only house and feed 145 individuals everyday, but feed lunch to another 3-600 everyday as well. They also have chemical dependency treatment programs available to these individuals as well. They are a great group of people and do great work in our community. In the 3 hours we were there we were able to tackle a weeks worth of work for them.



The second organization was ARC of Minnesota an organization that helps provide and lobby for people with developmental disabilities. We helped sort and shelve donations at one of their retail stores and saved them two weeks of work! It was a great opportunity to learn more about ARC and I found my new favorite thrift store! I went back on Saturday to pick up this painting I saw when we were sorting.



Again, I am so grateful to work for a company that values service as much as I do. It’s hard being a working mama and trying to find time to give back. Lately I’ve been focusing on living my life more deliberately and finding a way to serve is a part of that. Whether that means doing it over my lunch break or finding a family friendly activity, I want to do more for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...