2.19.2012

So I Joined a Gym.

Sort of. When you have a baby at 21, the lbs come off much more quickly and easily than they do when you have another baby at 26. Also, I have never had the most nutritional diet and I have never in my life regularly exercised. I’ve been thin and out of shape forever.

So here I am now, 8.5 months post-partum 10+ lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight. The number itself doesn’t bother me, it’s the fact that I still have to wear a Bella Band to work everyday that grates on me. Most of my jeans won’t button. I want to avoid having to buy new bottoms (pants, shorts, skirts, etc) at all costs. So I’ve started exercising. HOLY shit is this harder than I had ever imagined.


The gym I joined is in my in-laws basement. The price fits my budget (it’s free) and there are no weirdos ogling me or posting Missed Connections on Craigslist.) I can pretty much use it anytime, however, the only time I can get over there is 8pm or later on weeknights and during naptime on the weekends. I have no idea how all of you mamas find the time to workout. I don’t end up getting home until 10-10:30 on nights I work out, which leave me exhausted the next day. But I will say this: I am already feeling better. I’ve been told to exercise regularly to help control my migraines, so there’s another added benefit there. I’m not even concerned with my size anymore, I’m just glad I am feeling better and have more energy in general. It also gives me a chance to watch cheesy DVDs uninterrupted. Things like Save the Last Dance and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

It’s a struggle for me week in and week out to find the time, but I’ve learned over the past two years that I need to take time for me. In the end it makes me a better mother and wife, so everyone wins! I’ll leave you with some photos that illustrate why I should never join a real gym. But what can I say? I’m bringing sexy back.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...