1.09.2012

2012 - Pwn It

I can already tell that 2012 will be a year of great things. We have settled into the swing of things as a family of four. Now it’s time to tackle those projects that have been sitting on the back burner. We moved into this house 20 months ago and I still don’t feel fully settled! The first thing I will pwn in 2012 is our basement basement. [No, that’s not a typo. We have a four level split with the main basement being a walkout and the basement basement being half submerged.]


Here’s the current state of the basement basement, which is supposed to be my domain:











We bought this house as a foreclosure so there are pieces of it that are a bit wonky. For instance, the basement had been painted just prior to the owner’s death, so the tape is still on the floor around the trim. They took the doors that blocked off the washer and dryer. I have put this room off for far too long and finally realized I just need to DO IT. Yes, it means organizing other parts of the house as well (basement bedroom shit collector) but it will be SO WORTH IT. See that skirt there, the one I started making probably about three years ago? Yeah, that would be nice to finish. That treadmill? Dead since the day we set it up.

I’m getting this balance thing down, one day at a time. I’m going to brave the spiders and make this room mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...