9.09.2011

Six Year Anniversary



This song has meant so much to me over the years. This is the song playing over and over in my head before we got back together. This is the song whose lyrics I posted on my AIM profile hoping he would read it and know I thought about him every day.

Defense is paper thin
Just one touch and I’d be in
Too deep now to ever swim against the current
So let me slip away

We reconnected. I moved to Seattle. He moved to Seattle. We got engaged. And the rest is history. We’ve been married 6 years today. 6 years of the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. The road has been anything but smooth, but we are the strongest we have ever been. Bets were made on this day six years ago that we would never last, yet here we are, against the odds.

This week has been stressful, but so fulfilling. My oldest started Kindergarten. My youngest is learning how to use his hands. And my husband moved back into our house after a long month away.

It’s amazing how much your heart can forgive and how its capacity to love can grow exponentially over time. I am so glad to be married to my best friend and am looking forward to making the most out of each day in this new chapter in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...