9.19.2011

Mom Fail

We have had our fair share of change in the past few months and it is apparent it has taken its toll on Noah. He has been acting out ever since Ezra was born, but I thought it would have died down now, as we are approaching the four month mark soon. Yeah, not so much.

He is a spaz at home, not listening to anything and being really hyper. It seems that this is how he is now acting in Kindergarten as we received an email from his teacher today outlining the same sorts of issues. She is going to start some incentive charts with him, which have worked very well in the past. She is handling the whole thing wonderfully and for that I am thankful. [I think his lack of a daily nap is adding to his hyper activity. Kid is used to naps and takes long ones on the weekends]

All of this has left me feeling like a pile of shit. I feel like I have let him down. I am being pulled in way too many directions right now at both work and home fronts and there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Add to that the fact that I have not had a full night’s sleep (or anything even resembling one) in almost four months and no wonder I fall short.

I love both of my sons dearly, but Noah definitely doesn’t get the attention from me he deserves and so obviously needs. So today we have started a new game plan:
  • Earlier bed time.
  • Staunch bed time routine which mom leads.
  • Incentive charts at home.
  • Less focus on the negative, more on the positive.
  • Try and get home from work earlier now that I can log on after he’s asleep.
  • Etc…
Our family needs a better routine now that we have the new school schedule. I’m starting a new job in two weeks and I really hope they are as flexible as my current one. I can’t wait until we’re over this behavioral hump and things get back to normal. I’m sick of a cranky kid and I’m sick of feeling like it’s all my fault.

Damn mom guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...