3.30.2011

Yesterday = Awesome



Two things happened yesterday that were awesome:
  1. My Jimmy Eat World tickets came in the mail. W00t!

  2. I caught up with an old friend over delicious pizza in my old neighborhood.
This is the friend I had mentioned in an earlier post, one who I have not seen in 7 years. Prior to that we have spent only a handful of days together in the 10 years we’ve known each other. Yet here we are, still in touch, still spilling our guts over greasy food and enjoying hearing about each other’s lives.


We are pretty much on polar opposite ends of the spectrum right now, me being settled down, him being a wanderer. It’s funny how even when happy you can still envy the things someone else has, even if only for a little while. It broke my heart to hear that he is sad. He wants to settle down but he doesn't really know how. He moved around his whole life so he doesn't have a “home”. I am trying to convince him (and some other old friends) to migrate to MPLS and have roots here.



There are only two pictures of us that I know exist and I can’t find the decent one. So all I have is this. He’s the one with the broken thumb, the product of the craziest night of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...